Monday, October 1, 2012

Halloween Paper Lanterns

Halloween Decorations! I have to confess, this year I started putting up Halloween decorations on Sept 21. My poor hubby was not very happy. Apparently I should wait for October before cracking open the Halloween box. About 2-4 weeks after every holiday, I pick up holiday supplies/ decorations at 90% off from Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Target, Walmart, or Hallmark. We all re-use holiday decorations anyway, and you can get a ton more for your money if you shop post-holiday and save the decorations for next year. This results in a very excited crafter when a year has gone by and you open a box to a bunch of already paid for new toys!

17026-VP Command™ ClipsThese paper lanterns can be purchased at Michael's. I used black and silver glitter glue to make jack-o-lantern, ghost, and bat designs. I use Command Damage Free Hanging Mini Clips to safely attach the lanterns to the ceiling. Comes in a pack of 40, so I will keep them packed away with the Halloween stuff to be used for quite a few years.

I also did this craft last year with my afternoon nanny family. Jimmy and Pinky each decorated their own monster lanterns. Messy and fun. We used a Halloween glitter glue set which included green, purple, black, and orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment