Monday, July 23, 2012

Space - Rocket ship Baby Shower


I adore pennant banners, don't you? With the chosen colors of paper, I used my cricut to cut everything out. I didn't pay much attention to what order of stuff I was cutting in what color because I wanted it to look random; using multiple types of fonts on the letters helped. I used red, green, and silver glitter glue to accent the triangles before attaching the letters. I used brads to attached the pennants together. This allowed them to be folded up without damage, to be sent home with the mother-to-be.

Standard diaper cake. Instructions here. I used bamboo skewers to attach the sides and top of the spaceship as well as the amigurumi aliens I crocheted. The sides were cut out of foam posterboard (left over from the homemade felt board) then covered in foil. The cake is sitting on a drink canister stand. I covered the art on the wall with blue wrapping paper so it wouldn't distract from the cake.

Adorable handmade pinwheels, instructions here, used at our sign in spot, stuck in sand. I love them so much I will be making them as Christmas tags for gifts this year. Great way to use up some scrap paper. At the sign-in spot we had pics of the mother-to-be on the digital frame. Just load up a USB and stick it in.

Instead of giving away a prize for each baby shower game, we gave away clothes pins for winning games. The lady with the most clothes pins at the end gets the prize. This was so smart, but not my idea :) It allowed us to get one big prize (gift card) that someone will actually use instead of giving out a bunch of little prizes that will end up at goodwill or in the trash. We also had favors for each guest.

Star shaped sugar cookies and chocolate cupcakes topped with extremely fattening yet delicious buttercream icing, recipe here. Add a couple drops of lemon juice to your sugar before you boil it to help fight crystallization.

Instead of a guest book we had people sign a onsie. We printed the rocketship image that we used on the invitation onto iron-on transfer paper. Note to self: this paper is for inkjet printers, and kinko's does NOT have inkjet printers. Laser printers will melt the paper.


Other cool space parties:
outer-space-themed-baby-shower
from: The Sweetest Occasion

Space Invaders Baby Shower from: On To Baby

real-baby-shower-AmyStone-Rockets-Rocket-Space
Rockets Baby Shower from: Bump Smitten

Outer Space Birthday Party
Outer Space Birthday from: Half Baked

Outer Space Party from: Le Petit

No comments:

Post a Comment