Monday, March 19, 2012

DIY Drawstring Picnic Blanket


For my nanny child's 4th birthday I put together this picnic blanket. Somewhere online I saw a circle picnic blanket that could be turned into a bag with a drawstring. For the life of me I cannot find it again, but if I do, I'll put the link up here. The circle blanket was made with 2 fabrics, 1 yard each. After a fabric was trimmed to make the circle, the scraps were used to make napkins. I bought 2 yards of each fabric. Walmart frequently has fabric on clearance for $1.50 a yard, so materials for the blanket and napkins cost me $6. I chose to make a square rather than a circle because straight lines are easier to sew than curves... go figure. I had some scrap pink fabric which I used to make napkin holders and a small drawstring bag to hold the cake and cutlery set. All plates, candles, cutlery, and cake came in a set from target for $15.



 Picnic blanket closed with everything inside

Picnic blanket open

Use 2 fabrics to make it durable and reversible!
 
Update!: Thank you Pinterest! I just found the drawstring blanket/ tablecloth that made me decide to make this one. Pictures, tutorial and all can be found here thanks to Prudent Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment