Monday, December 5, 2011

Baby Show Gift: Ipood Emergency Kit


Ipood Emergency Kit!

Many a mom will come to the day when baby will blow out her diaper, soil her clothes, and magically get it in her hair. (I swear, baby poo has mystical powers. To this day I don't know how it ended up on the ceiling) Mom and baby will end up stranded in the public restroom, with nothing but a diaper, trying to fashion a baby cover-up out of scratchy brown paper towels. Mom will search high and low for a way to get those poopy clothes home when there's no plastic bag in sight. She'll reason to herself that baby is almost grown out of these clothes anyway so we'd never miss them if they stayed here in the trash.

At least that was my story.

In reminiscence of that fateful day at the animal museum, I put together this kit for a baby shower I went to recently. It was a big hit.



What's inside:
  • A set of diapers. I included 2- size 1 diapers, 2- size 2 diapers, 2- size 3 diapers.  
  • A disposable changing pad (comes in a pack of 10 or so. Include 1-2 in the kit and give the rest to the mommy-to-be
  • Refill pack of baby wipes (usually 40 count)
  • Diaper cream
  • Set of disposable plastic bags to put soiled clothes and/or diaper in. I found the diaper bag buddy at BabiesRUs, which had the bags and some child first aid supplies.
  • A onesie to change the baby into. I got a plain pink onesie and used freezer paper stenciling to create the Ipood logo. Here's a good tutorial from Craft Envy





The drawstring bag:

Here's a good drawstring bag tutorial from Crafty Gemini
I love to mix different fabrics that couldn't normally go together. Especially combining baby fabrics with something more modern. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment