Monday, January 30, 2012

Using Public Domain Images for Baby Room Art

Civilian Training School
Fisher's walls are begging for something with a little more history, so I've been scouring the Internet for public domain images. My general rule for baby room art, is that it shouldn't scream "baby." I want the things I put in Fisher's room to be generally grown up while hinting at baby cuteness. Sophisticated art can be expensive, so finding public domain images means the art is free and my main expense is framing. I buy frames from goodwill and print my images to fit. I look for good construction and shape in my goodwill frames, and trust the spray paint to get the color I want.

Public Domain Sherpa gave me a good start on finding the images I wanted while understanding the rules of printing images I find. U.S. Government Photos and Images gave me a lot of good places to look. My favorite site was American Memory.



No comments:

Post a Comment